So I wanted a way to display my family, but I wanted it a bit different. I didn’t have pictures of everyone so I thought in making this DIY Cork Tree. I had a lot of corks and wire in my house, so I decided to use that. Because I don’t have pictures of everyone, I decided to write the names of all my family members. I wrote the names from my sisters to my great grandparents.
I decided to do it a bit simpler, but you can also use images of things that inspire you, pictures with friends and family or anything you can think of that makes you happy. I put a couple of pictures on my tree so you could see another way you could use it as.
I mean, you could even use it as a jewelry holder. You could hang necklaces and bracelets. So today I’d like to share with you how I made this Cork Tree.
Materials needed to make this DIY Cork Tree:
• Thin wire (you can find it at a crafts store)
• 16 corks (you could do less or more)
• A container lid (as a base)
Tools needed to make this DIY Cork Tree:
• Silicone gun
How to make DIY Cork Tree:
1. First you have to glue four corks together by the sides and into the base. After that you’ll glue the rest of the corks like a tower. The cork will be the trunk.
2. Now take your wire and cut lots of wires into the size you’d like. You’ll take two pieces of wire and twist them together. You will repeat that for all the branches you would like to have.
3. After that, you can use the pliers to give the branches a more realistic look. If you’d like, you can spray paint the branches to your personal preference.
4. When you have all your branches, you’ll glue them with silicone into the top of the trunk. You can arrange them and twist them so it looks exactly like you want it to look.
5. Lastly, you can hang up anything you’d like. You could put pictures, name tags like I did, jewelry or anything you can think of.
That’s it! It was that easy. This is a great decor piece for your house. You can also give it to someone as a gift. Make sure to pin it so you can find it later!